Saturday 26 April 2014

INTRODUCING ADRIENNE SZABO

Hello fun people. Our project came to an end a while back and reveal day is around the corner, but not before I introduce you all to another talented artist ADRIENNE SZABO. I had the pleasure of working with her on this project, and more so, I  got to know a bit about her too and I bet you all would. So here is a feature about this artist. Enjoy!

What is your name and where are you from?

My name is Adrienne Szabo and I am originally from Croatia and living in New York, USA.

How long have you been practicing this art (Beading).

I've been beading now for the past 7 years.

Is this (beading) the only form of art you do or are there more? 

I am a member of the Suffolk County Homemakers for the past 26 years. As a member I volunteered teaching crafts. My passion was always angels and I made angels out of silk flowers and clay pots, etc. I also joined Society of Decorative Painters and I am a member of D.A.L.I. (Decorative artists of Longs Island) for the past ten years.

When did you decide to work in this particular (beading) media?

After resigning with Michaels Arts and Crafts as a floral designer in 2007, I started beading while I was deciding where my life journey was gonna take me. I prayed for something creative and I heard of Bead store opening up in Long Island New York and got hired in July 2010  to teach classes and then a couple of months later started  working  at the shop part time. 

What made you decide to?
Handling beads and gemstones and crystals become my love instantly. I was able to see myself designing and the need to teach others is my great joy. Bead Kumihimo became one of my best techniques and passions.

How rewarding has it been so far?

I would say very rewarding, not in money but in great satisfaction to see my students accomplish making a piece of jewelry they thought they couldn't do and the process is very relaxing and most of the students that come,  struggle with life situations and found our classes to be so therapeutic. Kumihimo is most definite  meditative technique of all. 

What is your specialty? (What materials, stitches, techniques etc) do you feel you have mastered so far?

I do Bead Weaving (Intermediate beader), stringing, knotting, love wire work, but Bead Kumihimo became my love forever. 
1.     
            Are you primarily into beading or do you attempt mixed media (using beads and other materials like leather, fabrics or sculptures etc?)

Right now I am primarily into beading, but I do attend our monthly painting club meetings and get to paint a little at the meeting.

Have you ever participated in any major projects or contests before?

This is my first time participating in a project like this. Beading became my primary vocation. I work for Crystal Garden Designs NY where I teach jewelry making classes.  http://www.crystalgardenny.com 

If you do sell your work, where can an interested client find your work to buy? And if you don’t sell your work, will you be interested in showing your creation anyway? 

My Etsy shop is empty at a moment, buy planning to have some of my designs available for sale. You can find me at http://www.angelsbythesea1127.etsy.com

Why did you agree to participate in the FOE 13 project?

The minute I saw that this project is going to be for charity, I knew I had to participate. I only did little bit of bead embroidery, but wanted to to contribute anyway. I had no idea I was up against these amazing designers here online. 

Tell us more about yourself – anything at all that you are comfortable sharing. We all want to know our favourite artists as intimately as they would let us know them and you are no exception.

I also love to crochet and sew and learned some of the knitting, but prepping for teaching classes takes a lot of my time so I have a lot of projects on hold. Making jewelry comes first.  

Well folks, It was a pleasure for me to get to know Adrienne better and I hope it was the same for you all too. I shall be sharing some of the amazing works of this talented lady in the coming days and I assure you, you wouldn't want to miss it, so do drop by again soon and see what we have got and brace yourself for the big reveal of this awesome project. Until next time, have a blessed day you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment