Friday 7 February 2014

OLGA DILLOW AND HER ART

Hello Everyone. Do you recall this post about the Artist OLGA DILLOW? Well, I have been itching for a chnce to share more of her work with you all and alas! Here it is....and don't forget yo view to the very bottom because that is where I will have links to her shop and her contact details.

Enjoy.
When I saw this piece for the first time, I was stunned. The artistry and creativity hidden behind the almost monochromatic colour, to me was pure genius. This very piece, in 2009 it is I think, also won the Grand Prize Gold Medal prize for the Firemountaingems and beads competition. This category, if I am not mistaken was entered for the seed beads category. I am sure you will agree that the prize was well deserved.


I had asked Olga for the inspiration behind her work and in her very humble way, she simple stated, and I quote her "Unfortunately for those who expect to hear some beautiful story about fanciful creativity or decoration, I will have to disappoint, for I cannot say anything fanciful in that regard. For me, new ideas arise as sprouts from seeds of plants: the time they were born. What is the impetus. Sometimes just understanding that it's time to do something new, sometimes fad buyer, sometimes the desire to make something better than what is available and sometimes it is simply  in the participation in competitions. What inspires me? Everything around me is one way or another, some form of inspiration to create."

This piece looks simply regal to me.

I really wonder what even, sight or feeling birtghed the creation of this one. I mean just look at this stunning piece!!!

This piece is such a statement item I can actually see Iris Apfel wearing it, I really do.
Here is another stunning piece. I best let the piece speak for itself.

Do you know she does mixed media as well? Well now you do. I love the way her choice of beads gave some life and activity to plain black leather.

The intricacy and details of this one leaves me reeling in delight and this very piece has graced the cover of the Firemountaingems catalog too.

And here is the very Talented OLGA DILLOW wearing one of her very own creations. A subtle flame-like pendant but still in its own right very unique and pone of a kind. Itr has been a delight to work with Olga and I am so looking forward to more projects with her in future.

You can simply follow this link to her SHOP and see what you may find. She accepts custom orders, so you can drop her a line with your specific request.

She is also on facebook, so do friend her, and follow her work and progress HERE. She is a delight indeed.

Thank you all for reading through. Until next time. Remain blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment