Sunday 16 February 2014

Introducing YULIYA ROITBOURD




I am excited to introduce to you all, the amazingly talented Artist, YULIYA ROITBOURD. It was a delight to work with Yuliya on this project. Below is sharing some words from the Artist herself. Enjoy.

What is your name and where are you from?

My name is Yuliya (Julia) and I'm from Israel

How long have you been practicing your art?

It has been 7 years now.

Is this (beading) the only form of art you do or are there more?
No, beading is not the only kind of art that I do, I love to sew, knit and weave macrame as well.

When did you decide to work in this particular (beading) media?

I decided on beading because I wanted to learn something new.

What made you decide to?

I saw on the internet beautiful jewelry from beads and then one of my neighbor showed me what she made with beads and I fell in love with it.

What is your specialty? (What materials, stitches, techniques etc) do you feel you have mastered so far?

I embroider with beads and working with stones; I use almost all kinds of beads really.
Are you primarily into beading when working in this field or do you attempt mixed media (using beads and other materials like leather, fabrics or sculptures etc?)

Mostly I work with beads for my jewelry, but sometimes I use beads for garment sewing, knitting and macrame as well

Is there any one person (Artists, friends, family etc) that has been a big source of inspiration for you specifically in relation to this field?

For me the biggest inspiration was my friend Olga Dillow; her and her work. Olga has been very supportive of me in my endeavors, gave advice and suggestions. I love her work and I really wanted to learn to also work with beads and now even after 7 years, she is still the first person that I turn to for advice or criticism of my work.


What is your ultimate aspiration in this field?

To just keep learning more and getting better.

Have you ever participated in any major projects or contests before?
No, I have never taken part in major projects and competitions. I find the idea useful though, I think it plays an important role in publicizing, plus the exposure and contact with other artists can help enlighten me on how to price my creations based on quality and everything it entails.

Is this media your primary vocation, your second job or simply a hobby?

Right now it is only a hobby I greatly enjoy but I do sell my work.


Where can an interested client find your work to buy?

I show case on my facebook page HERE and I receive orders there as well. Simply convo me if you see anything you like or want something made to your specification.

Why did you agree to participate in the FOE 13 project?

I wanted to put myself out there, and I found the idea of a project involving a variety of Artists from all over the world interesting.

Tell us more about yourself – anything at all that you are comfortable sharing. We all want to know our favorite artists as intimately as they would let us know them and you are no exception.

I'm probably not the most interesting person. My my dignity is important to me, and so are my 5 children. I am a housewife, I work, then I go home to my children and needlework. A simple and carefree life.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I can tell you that having had the opportunity of working with Yuliya and seeing some of her work, it has been an honour for me. Do drop by soon to see some of her work for yourself. You will be amazed at the talent of this humble woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment